The Vermont Council on Rural Development has concluded administering a $1,000,000 EDA grant to support a comprehensive marketing campaign for Vermont Wood Products. This two-year initiative, developed with strong support from Senator Jim Jeffords, evolved from VCRD’s Forest Products Council. Recipients of the award were the Vermont Wood Products Marketing Council and The Vermont Wood Manufacturers Association. Key partners in this program include Cabot Creamery, The Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing, and The Vermont Department of Forest, Parks, and Recreation.
Some of the programs developed include:
- The Essential Buyers Guide online products
- Vermont Forest Heritage Tours and Guide by Cell
- the Fine Furniture and Woodworking Festival
- the Vermont Wood Design Competition and Exhibit
- National and Regional Trade Shows
- Lodging and Product Placement
- Training Opportunites
- Website Development
Congratulations to VWMA for their receipt of the 2007 Governor's Award for Tourism Marketing Excellence and the 2008 Chamber of Commerce Top Ten Fall Events.
For more information, contact: Kathleen Wanner at kwanner(at)vermontwood.org.