VCRD is often called on to provide organizational consultation and resource referral both at the community and agency level. Listed below are a sample of the organizational supports VCRD has provided to Vermont communities, agencies and organizations in the last few years.
- Vermont Higher Education Food Systems Consortium, 2014
- Consultation on policy development toward the Transformation of K-12 Education, 2008
- Facilitation of working team for Home Weatherization Education Program, 2008
- Mediation between Compost businesses and regulators for Vermont Composters Assn., 2008
- Vermont Compost Association Facilitation toward new goals-based regulation, 2008
- Moderation of the Vermont Environmental Consortium Conference on Environmental Education, 2007
- Organizational facilitation for the Commission on the Future of Economic Development, 2007
- SWOT Analysis for Vermont Dairy Task Force, 2007
- Funding, 2000–2001
- Waterbury Town/Village Merger Discussions, 2006
- Facilitation of the House Rural Summit for the Legislature in 2006
- Champlain Valley Exposition Strategic Planning, 2005, 2007
- Community Planning Facilitation with the town of Burke in advance of Ginn development on Burke Mountain, 2006
- Farm Service Agency Staff Planning Facilitation, 2005
- Home Heating Partnership Facilitation and production of the Vermont Home Heating Guide, 2001
- Mediating facilitation between USDA RD, the Agency of Natural Resources, and Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs on Water and Waste-Water.
VCRD staff also serve on or moderate innumerable panel discussions and conference workshops on issues of vital rural concern.