This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Links to Tutorials
Are you looking for Internet access? Look here.
Are you interested in teaching Internet basics? Look here.
Additional Resources & Online Tutorials
The following sites offer some simple tutorials on Internet basics:
These sites explain how the Internet works:
Sites for practicing mouse and keyboarding skills:
Do you want to find computer literacy classes near your location? Try one of these organizations:
- Learning Works - The Department of Education provides links to adult learning programs in the statewide Learning Works network. Adult learning centers are linked HERE.
- Adult Technical Education Centers - Vermont Adult Technical Education programs offer a range of computer & digital skills courses. Check this page to find out more about classes offered at centers near you.
- Local Libraries - Public libraries often offer workshops, classes or volunteers who can assist with computer questions, check with your local librarian.
- Community College of Vermont – Those interested in learning computer skills for job training might consider the CCV Career Readiness Certificate, which includes computers as one of six units.
- Other Local Options - Different towns have different options for computer classes, other possible sources are your local Internet service provider, senior center, or assistance provided through community service programs at your local high school.